Thursday, February 4, 2010
A little diddy about me...
I grew up in Southern California and spent summers with my father in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have two beautiful sisters that live I Rome. Andrea and Lea ages 35 and 33, respectively. When I was around 18, I moved to a quaint little town on small island off the coast of Washington with my mom and step-father. There I took a few college classes at the local JC to prepare myself for attending Southern Oregon University in Ashland, OR. I only attended a couple semesters before I got wrapped up making way too much money selling espresso machines for someone at the tender of 20. Soon after I realized that money was not the route to happiness, I quit my job for the coffee company and started and finished school and the University of Oregon. I graduated in 2006 and headed to Missouri. Why? I am still not sure, but I tell people that I ran out of gas. I have now lived in Missouri for 3.5 years. I recently finished my Master’s degree in Biology. Not the greatest time to graduate with the economy and all, but things will look up soon. I live in rural Ozarks with my boyfriend, Chris, and our two dogs, Sandy Boy and Emmylou. I absolutely love it here. It is hard to imagine living anywhere else. I remember when I first visited the Ozarks and I saw a double wide trailer with a confederate flag adorning the rooftop, and thought, “what have I gotten myself into this time." Well, things have changed, not the confederate flag thing, but my appreciation for Ozarks culture and streams. In my spare time I am often knitting, photographing, brewing beer, canoeing/kayaking, hiking, cleaning the coop or whatever activity the day sets forth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment