Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hat 3, Week 3


I actually started knitting this honeycomb hat before I started the 52 hats in 52 weeks project; however, I finished it during week three. Therefore, I am calling it week number 3 hat. The cabling in this hat was very tight to knit and I am a lose knitter. For the decrease in this hat I cut out all of the straight knit rows (all even rounds) because I thought the decrease made the hat look too boxy. I don't actually like the finished product of the hat very much, but my boyfriend really likes the fit and look of it. If I was to do this pattern again, I think a variegated chunkier yarn would look better, but I'm still trying to use up a lot of the yarn remnants I have for hats.

On another note, I just ordered some roving that I am going to dye and spin on the new drop spindle I made. Hopefully, I will have a great looking hat made out of some handspun yarn.

No comments: